Multi-Modal Venous Therapy
Varicose veins and venous insufficiency often do not respond fully to a single method of treatment. To ensure success for the patient, the staff at Advanced Vein Care Center offers multi-modal venous therapy, which entails a combination of vein treatments to produce the best possible results. With a number of procedures to choose from today, patients can rest assured treatment can be precisely customized to their specific needs, symptoms and desired outcome.
When considering multi-modal venous therapy, our staff provides the following options:
- Conservative treatment (compression stockings, exercise, lifestyle changes)
- Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT)
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Ohmic thermolysis (VeinGogh)
These therapies are all minimally-invasive and may be used in any combination to produce the best results for the patient. In some cases, procedures may be provided separately to ensure healing of the treated veins between treatment sessions. If you are dealing with unsightly varicose veins, or if your veins are causing uncomfortable symptoms, we can help.
For cosmetic vein treatments, it is important that you consider the following:
- Underlying venous insufficiency should be ruled out prior to commencing your cosmetic treatments.
- If present, the underlying refluxing veins should be addressed with Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT)
- Large varicose veins as well as the thick spidery veins (“reticular veins”) should be removed by Micropuncture Phlebectomy prior to starting Sclerotherapy
- Sclerotherapy should be complemented with Ohmic Thermolysis if possible
Contact Advanced Vein Care Center to learn more about how laser vein removal and other treatment options. Our Springfield, MA office can be reached by phone at (413) 732-4242 or use the form below.